Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Snowboarding: Point Your Nose Down and Go

Snowboarding season is here! Yeah!

Beginning season conditions, well let's face it, they kinda suck. But it doesn't matter because everyone is so stoked that it's time to ski/ride again.

So I went to Loveland Ski Area a couple of weeks ago (holla! love that place!), and there was there usual icy patches in the mandmade stuff. Thank goodness I learned to ride east coast, so I am more than used to it.

Anyway, so I was riding down a steep section under Chair 6 and it got super icy, choppy, chunky, just gnarly. I tried to fight it, side swiping, digging in my edge at first. But then about half way down, thought "Screw that, I'm just going to point my nose downhill and go."

So, what happened? I bent my knees, picked up speed, and went with the terrain. And guess what? No spills. Haha, a couple of scares, but all ended well.

While I was doing this I thought about how snowboarding was a metaphor for life. Instead of fighting the terrain (or what life throws at you), sometimes you should just ride out that wave and go with it. You may fall hard. But, you may not. And if you don't fall, it may have just been one heck of a ride out. Which, you may not have experienced if you didn't just point your nose down and go.

No comments:

Post a Comment